This weekend, Showtime Boxing goes down under as they will stream a fight live from the Gold Coast Convention Center in Queensland, Australia. Newly elevated WBO junior middleweight champion Tim Tszyu (23-0, 17 KOs) will put his title on the line against Brian Mendoza (22-2, 16 KOs). This will be Tszyu’s third fight in 2023, and he looks to continue the big year he has had so far.
The last time we saw Tszyu, he made quick work of Carlos Ocampo in the first round of their June 18 fight. Tszyu took the fight as an interim bout until unified champion Jermell Charlo (35-2-1, 19 KOs) healed his hand, but Charlo would have other plans and recently faced Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez (60-2-2, 39 KOs). Charlo taking that fight forced the WBO to strip him of his title and proceed to elevate Tszyu to the full champion.
Mendoza hasn’t been as active, but his last fight against Sebastian Fundora (20-1-1, 13 KOs) led to a knockout-of-the-year candidate and catapulted Mendoza to this big opportunity against Tszyu on Saturday night. Can Mendoza strike again and cause two major upsets within the same year?
TIM TSZYU VS. BRIAN MENDOZA BETTING ODDS
Per BetOnline.ag, Tim Tszyu is the favorite at -800 (Over 9 ½ rounds -105), and Brian Mendoza is the underdog at +500 (Under 9 ½ rounds -125).
TIM TSZYU VS. BRIAN MENDOZA FIGHT DATE, START TIME
- Date: Saturday, October 14
- Time: 10:30 p.m. ET / 7:30 p.m. PT
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 12:00 a.m. ET / 9:00 p.m. PT
These timings could change due to the length of the undercard fights.
WHAT CHANNEL/STREAM IS TIM TSZYU VS. BRIAN MENDOZA?
- U.S.: Showtime
- UK: TBD
TIM TSZYU VS. BRIAN MENDOZA FIGHT CARD
- Tim Tszyu vs. Brian Mendoza; For Tszyu's WBO light middleweight title
- Sam Goodman vs. Miguel Flores; Featherweight
- Nathaniel May vs. Jackson Jon England; For the vacant IBF Australasian super-featherweight title
- Sergei Vorobev vs. Wade Ryan; Light middleweight
- Shanell Dargan vs. Amber Amelia; Super bantamweight
- Hassan Hamdan vs. Danvers Cuschieri; Welterweight
- Toese Vousiutu vs. Julius Long; Heavyweight