Besides the temperature in Glendale, AZ, being over a hundred degrees for the summer, things will get even hotter inside the Desert Diamond Arena as Top Rank presents a fight that has the potential of being an all-out war. WBO super featherweight champion Emanuel Navarrete (37-1, 31 KOs) faces former champion Oscar Valdez (31-1, 23 KOs) in a much-anticipated matchup.
Navarrete has been a buzzsaw as he climbed from flyweight to super featherweight. He’s been dominant, and although he stopped Liam Wilson in the ninth round of their February fight to win the WBO title, Navarrete showed that he can get caught as he suffered a knockdown in the fourth round. His awkward style shouldn’t work at all, but it does, making him one of the most dangerous fighters in the division. Will it work against a high-level fighter like Valdez?
"You always need a dancing partner in the ring. I feel like this could be that fight."— Top Rank Boxing (@trboxing) August 6, 2023
Made In Mexico II airs at 8AM ET on ESPN2 🇲🇽 pic.twitter.com/w2LtWYAom5
Valdez is a fighter with warrior traits; whether fighting with a broken jaw or taking on the biggest challenges, he doesn’t back down, which is why fans love to see him perform. Three months ago, Valdez was in the ring against Adam Lopez, scoring a unanimous decision. This fight was after Valdez lost his title to Shakur Stevenson in April 2022. Valdez has said that he wants to regain that feeling of being a champion again, so on Saturday, he has that opportunity, but he will have to go through hell to get it. Can Valdez once again become a champion at super featherweight?
EMANUEL NAVARRETE VS. OSCAR VALDEZ BETTING ODDS
Per BetOnline.ag, Oscar Valdez is the favorite at -180 (Under 10 ½ rounds +220), while Emanuel Navarrete is the underdog at +150 (Over 10 ½ rounds -280).
EMANUEL NAVARRETE VS. OSCAR VALDEZ DATE, START TIME
- Date: Saturday, August 12
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 12 a.m. ET / 9 p.m. PT
These timings could change due to the length of the undercard fights.
WHAT CHANNEL/STREAM IS EMANUEL NAVARRETE VS. OSCAR VALDEZ?
- U.S.: ESPN, ESPN+ & ESPN Deportes
- UK: Sky Sports
EMANUEL NAVARRETE VS. OSCAR VALDEZ FIGHT CARD
- Emanuel Navarrete vs. Oscar Valdez, 12 rounds, for Navarrete’s WBO junior lightweight title
- Raymond Muratalla vs. Diego Torres, 10 rounds, lightweights
- Richard Torrez Jr. vs. Willie Jake Jr., 6 rounds, heavyweights
- Lindolfo Delgado vs. Jair Valtierra, 10 rounds, junior welterweights
- Emiliano Vargas vs. Jorge Marquez Alvarado, 4 rounds, lightweights
- Sergio Rodriguez vs. Eduardo Ayala, 6 rounds, super middleweights
- Ricardo Ruvalcaba vs. Adam Kipenga, 6 rounds, junior welterweights
- Antonio Mireles vs. Dajuan Calloway, 6 rounds, heavyweights