Showtime Boxing continues its momentum as we get into the middle of the summer and closer to the biggest event in boxing, which is the undisputed welterweight title fight. Before we get to that, some other good fights are ahead, like this Saturday on Showtime. Hot prospect Frank Martin (17-0, 12 KOs) looks to continue to build his resume as he faces the undefeated Artem Harutyunyan (12-0, 7 KOs) at the Chelsea Ballroom inside the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Nevada.
Martin, trained by Derrick James and under the promotional flag of Errol Spence Jr.’s Man Down Promotions, has quietly made his way up the ranks. With impressive wins against Romero Duno, Jackson Marinez & most recently, Michel Rivera, ‘The Ghost’ looks to further position himself for a title fight within 18 months. An impressive win on Saturday and another before the end of the year will make Martin one of the standout fighters in the division.
🚨 This weekend we're bringing you a battle of undefeated lightweights when 17-0 top contender @TheGhost_2016 takes on 12-0 Olympic bronze medalist Artem Harutyunyan in a WBC Lightweight Title Eliminator.— Premier Boxing Champions (@premierboxing) July 10, 2023
Also catch @filipinoflash taking on Alexandro Santiago for the vacant… pic.twitter.com/GHqKrPpvrO
Harutyunyan has exclusively fought in Germany, which makes him somewhat of an unknown regarding what he brings to the table. This will be his U.S. debut, and he would love for it to come with a victory over a heavily touted prospect in Martin. Will we see an upset special on Showtime, or will Martin further solidify his status as a future star?
FRANK MARTIN VS. ARTEM HARUTYUNYAN BETTING ODDS
Per BetOnline.ag, Frank Martin is the favorite at -1250, and Artem Harutyunyan is the underdog at +700.
FRANK MARTIN VS. ARTEM HARUTYUNYAN FIGHT DATE, START TIME
- Date: Saturday, July 15
- Time: 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT
- Main event ringwalks (approx): 12:00 a.m. ET / 9:00 p.m. PT
These timings could change due to the length of the undercard fights.
WHAT CHANNEL/STREAM IS FRANK MARTIN VS. ARTEM HARUTYUNYAN?
- U.S.: Showtime
- UK: TBD
FRANK MARTIN VS. ARTEM HARUTYUNYAN FIGHT CARD
- Frank Martin vs. Artem Harutyunyan, 12 rounds, WBC lightweight eliminator
- Nonito Donaire vs. Alexandro Santiago, 12 rounds, for vacant WBC bantamweight title
- Elvis Rodriguez vs. Viktor Postol, 12 rounds, junior welterweights
- Freudis Rojas vs. TBA, 10 rounds, welterweights
- Quinton Randall vs. Willie Jones, 8 rounds, welterweights
- Justin Cardona vs. Jose Perez, 8 rounds, junior welterweights
- Anthony Cuba vs. Angel Rebollar, 6 rounds, lightweights
- Alex Holley vs. TBA, 4 rounds, welterweights