The Rumor Mill returns on August 11th, 2023 with the biggest rumors of the week
- Terence Crawford said he'd be open to a catchweight bout with fellow undisputed world champion, Canelo Alvarez.
- Terence Crawford wants to face Jermell Charlo in the future and has been making it clear he'd like to fight him shortly. This could be as soon as after Charlo faces Canelo Alvarez.
- Anthony Joshua is rumored to fight Deontay Wilder in December if successful against Robert Helenius.
- The fight between Joshua versus Wilder would more than likely happen in Saudi Arabia, and it appears that the PBC wouldn't want much to do with it outside of advising Wilder, yet most curious is rumors persist that representatives to possibly make the fight are on-site in the U.K. for this fight week.
- Shakur Stevenson has hinted on Twitter that Vasiliy Lomachenko will retire instead of fighting him in the fall. One name being mentioned as possible opponent for Stevenson is Denys Berinchyk, who also was a member of the 2012 Ukraine Olympic team. Top Rank is planning a big fight card in November to happen alongside the F1 race in Las Vegas, Nevada. Given the high profile nature of Stevenson and his position in the sport, Stevenson might return on this card.
- Reports of David Benavidez vs Demetrius Andrade being finalized for a November pay-per-view on Showtime is looking to be a reality.
- Stephen Fulton Jr. appears to be moving to featherweight after his junior bantamweight loss to Naoya Inoue.
- Ryan Garcia appears to be returning in mid-November.
- Vergil Ortiz Jr. is targeting a December return to the ring.