The Rumor Mill returns on August 21st, 2023 with the biggest rumors of the week as we approach the fourth quarter of 2023.Prograis-Haney heading to PPV on DAZN for the fall.
- Devin Haney vs. Regis Prograis is being rumored for DAZN pay-per-view
- Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder are stalling as a fight with Tyson Fury could come back into play in Saudi Arabia this year.
- Shakur Stevenson is open to testing the 140-pound waters if he struggles to secure a big fight at 135.
- George Kambosos Jr has put himself forward to clash with Stevenson before the end of 2023.
- Showtime Boxing will likely be a PPV-only platform in 2024, making PBC a strictly PPV-only promotion
Adrien Broner could return to the ring in November on a digital platform
Boxxer is set to announce a big fight for Richard Riakporhe imminently, and it’s thought it will be for a world title.
World cruiserweight champion Chris Billam-Smith won’t be in action again until at least November or December because of the cut he sustained taking the title from Lawrence Okolie. If he comes through his first defense, and Okolie has triggered the rematch clause, the Vitality Stadium in Bournemouth is reserved for another May date in 2024.
Chris Eubank Jr was pictured with trainer Brian ‘Bomac’ McIntyre after Terence Crawford defeated Errol Spence, but there are suggestions that McIntyre and Eubank were working together for several weeks before they made their partnership public.
- Matchroom Boxing has begun to explore the idea of having a working relationship with both Sky Sports as well as DAZN
- Keyshawn Davis is being strongly rumored as the co-main event to the Top Rank show on October 14th which will feature a middleweight unification bout.
- Canelo Alvarez will look to fight Jermall Charlo in 2024 after his clash with Jermell Charlo
- Teofimo Lopez will return to the ring before the end of 2023 with Jose Ramirez likely being his opponent